Bajra, Rice and Sprouts Moong Puda
Recipe type: Breakfast
A very easy and a quick recipe that can be eaten for breakfast and snacks.
- For The Batter
- ½ cup bajra (black millet) flour
- ½ cup rice flour (chawal ka atta)
- ½ cup fresh whisked curds (dahi)
- ½ cup sprouted moong (whole green gram)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped green chillies
- ¼ cup finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- salt to taste
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- Other Ingredients
- oil for greasing and cooking
- For Serving
- green chutney
- For the batter
- Combine the bajra flour, rice flour, curds, sprouted moong, green chillies, coriander, salt and enough water to make a batter of pouring consistency.
- Add the turmeric powder, mix well and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- How to proceed
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it lightly using a little oil.
- Pour a spoonful of the batter and spread it evenly to make a 75 mm. (3”) diameter circle.
- Cook on both the sides, using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 14 more pudas.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
If you find it difficult to make pudas, add 2 tsp of besan in the batter and mix well.