Recipe type: Breakfast
Make mum feel special on Mother's day with a breakfast treat suitable for low FODMAP diets.
- 8 slices (100g) leg ham
- 150g baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs
- Buttered toast, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Lightly grease four ¾ cup-capacity ovenproof dishes. Line base and sides of each dish with 2 slices of ham.
- Place spinach in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high (100%) for 1 minute 30 seconds or until just wilted. Transfer spinach to a sieve. Using the back of a spoon, press down on spinach to drain excess liquid.
- Divide spinach between prepared dishes. Sprinkle each with 2 teaspoons parmesan.
- Gently crack 1 egg into each dish. Season with salt and pepper. Place dishes on a baking tray. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until eggwhite is just set. Remove from oven. Stand for 2 minutes. Serve with toast.
Make this a Low FODMAP recipe by serving with gluten free toast.