Baked eggs in bread cases
Recipe type: Breakfast
Breakfast treats are easy with golden baked eggs served in a crusty bread base.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbs olive oil, plus extra to grease
- 1 large pita bread, split into 2 rounds, each cut into quarters
- 200g shaved ham
- ½ cup chopped basil, plus whole leaves to garnish
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 eggs
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat oil in a frypan over medium heat and cook onions for 3-5 minutes until soft and lightly golden. Set aside.
- Lightly oil a 6-hole (200ml each) muffin tray. Line each hole with a pita quarter, discarding remaining 2 quarters. Divide onion, ham, basil and tomatoes into each tart and crack an egg on top. Cook for 25 minutes or until whites of the eggs are just cooked. Garnish with basil.