Recipe type: Breakfast
A great way to utilize over ripe and blackened bananas. Its tasty, healthy and a good snack or even complete meal for this rainy evenings.
- 7 to 8 bananas
- 2 cups rice flour (chawal ka atta)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 150 gms jaggery (gur)
- ½ tsp salt
- a pinch cardamom (elaichi) powder
- 1 cup water
- oil for frying
- In a heavy bottomed pan add the banana paste and to it add the jaggery which has been grated. Also add one cup of water.
- Let this mixture cook for a while and keep stirring so that it does not stick to bottom of pan and also burn.
- Add a pinch of cardamom powder to this mixture and mix well.
- In the meantime sieve together wheat flour and rice flour along with a pinch of salt.
- Now as the mixture of bananas , jaggery comes to a boil turn off the flame and add the rice flour and wheat flour and keep stirring.
- Now again put on the flame and let it cook for a while and remove from the flame.
- Cool and then knead it into a dough using a little oil if required.
- Now make small balls and roll out like puris and fry in oil.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.