Butternut Squash Chili with Kale
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 bell peppers (1 red, 1 green), chopped
- ½- jalapeno, diced
- 4 cups of butternut squash cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tbsp. of curry powder
- 2 tbsp. of chili powder
- 1 tbsp. of cumin
- dash cinnamon
- 3- cans beans
- 1 15 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 4 cups of veggie broth
- 1 bunch of stemmed and chopped kale
- 1 big handful of cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in onions, jalapeno and garlic along with a pinch of salt and sauté for about 5 minutes or until onions are beginning to look translucent.
- Stir in bell peppers, squash, curry, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper and give everything a good stir, making sure all the veggies are evenly coated with the spices.
- Add beans, tomatoes, and broth. Turn heat to high and bring everything to a boil. Once you've got your boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until butternut squash is tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add kale to the chili and cook another 5 minutes or until kale has wilted down. Finish with cilantro and enjoy!