Chicken and bacon club sandwich
Recipe type: Breakfast
The classic BLT is given an elegant make-over with the addition of moist chicken breasts and soft boiled eggs.
- 2 large (about 250g each) single chicken breast fillets
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4 middle bacon rashers, rind and excess fat trimmed, halved crossways
- 12 slices wholegrain bread, crusts removed
- 25g butter
- 2 tbs Dijon mustard
- 2 ripe roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 8 butter lettuce leaves, washed, dried
- Use a sharp knife to cut chicken breasts horizontally through the centre. Cut pieces in half crossways to make 8 pieces.
- Cook eggs in a saucepan of boiling water for 6 minutes. Drain. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool. Peel. Thinly slice crossways.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and bacon and cook, turning occasionally, for 4-5 minutes or until cooked. Drain on paper towel.
- Toast bread. Spread with butter and mustard. Place 1 piece of toast on each plate. Top with 1 piece each of chicken and bacon. Top with toast, tomato, egg and lettuce. Repeat with remaining toast, chicken and bacon. Secure with a toothpick to serve.
You will need 4 toothpicks for this recipe.