Dhokla Satay Sticks
Recipe type: Breakfast
Filling and fruity dhokla.
- 12 dhokla , cut into 2" pieces
- 12 canned pineapple pieces , 2" pieces
- 12 cucumber slices
- 12 carrot slices , parboiled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- ½ tsp asafoetida (hing)
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper powder
- For The Garnish
- chopped spring onions
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a small pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and saute for 10 seconds.
- Pour this tempering to the dhokla pieces and toss well. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a small pan, add the cucumber and carrot and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the salt and kasuri methi, mix well and saute for ½ a minute and keep aside.
- Add little salt and pepper to pineapple pieces, mix well and keep aside.
- To assemble, take some satay sticks and pierce one dhokla piece followed by a pineapple, cucumber and carrot, repeat the sequence as per the stick length.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve immediately.