Recipe type: Breakfast
One of the easiest, tastiest and quickest sandwich recipe, the French sandwich is prepared by layering the French bread with mayonnaise, cheese slices, olives, lettuce and avocadoes. A health extravaganza on the bread slices, the French sandwich is made richer with ranch dressing and is served cold as brunch, snack or supper.
- 8 fresh bread slices (dark sides cut apart)
- cheese spread / butter
- 5 to 6 french beans, finely chopped
- 2 boiled potatoes, mashed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- salt to taste
- black pepper (kalimirch) powder to taste
- 1 tsp cornflour
- oil for deep frying and also for filling
- For filling:
- In a wok, put some oil, add chopped onion , beans , tomatoes and when they are cooked add boiled meshed potatoes.
- Add salt and pepper to this.
- After this is prepared add some butter/cheese as per your wish.
- how to proceed:
- Spread butter/cheese spread in inner sides of bread slices.
- Fill this mixture within 2 slices of bread.
- Dip these into cornflour solution. (cornflour solution is prepared mixing cornflour in cold water)
- And deep fry these sandwiches in a wok of hot oil.
- Cut into triangular pieces and serve with tomato sauce and pudina-dhania chutney.