Recipe type: Breakfast
Here's a low cal version of mayonnaise that will surely pacify health conscious people who always feel let down as they have to curb the intake of mayonnaise in continental dishes. This recipes reduces the calories almost to half as compared to our regular mayonnaise. I've used unusual ingredients like bread and low-fat curds that will help retain the texture as well the taste. Use it to prepare dishes like healthy burger and the russian sandwich and i guarantee that you'll be impressed.
- 4 fresh bread slices
- 1 cup hung low fat curds (dahi) , made from low fat milk (99.7% fat-free )
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp white pepper powder
- 1 tsp mustard (rai / sarson) powder
- 1½ tsp powdered sugar
- salt to taste
- Remove the crust from all the bread slices.
- Combine all the ingredients including the bread slices and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Refrigerate it for 1 to 2 hours and use as required.