Masala Cheese Toast
Recipe type: Breakfast
Whole wheat bread topped with vitamin A rich vegetables and calcium rich cheese...... just perfect to tickle your taste buds.
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 tsp grated cheese
- For the curry
- ½ cup finely chopped boiled vegetables
- ¼ cup potatoes , boiled and mashed lightly
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onions
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 2 pinches garam masala
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- 2 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the onions and cook till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the vegetables, potatoes, green chillies, chilli powder, garam masala, coriander and salt and cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Remove and cool.
- Toast the bread slices till they are slightly crisp.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of the mixture on each toast.
- Top with a teaspoon of grated cheese.
- Grill in a pre-heated oven approx. 200°C (400°F) till brown spots appear on the cheese.
- Serve hot.