Makai ka Dhokla ( Healthy Breakfast )
Recipe type: Breakfast
Celebrate a fibre treat with these scrumptious sweet corn and maize flour dhoklas with coriander garlic chutney.
- 1 cup maize flour (makai ka atta)
- ½ cup sour low fat curds
- ½ cup sweet corn kernels (makai ke dane)
- 2 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
- ¼ tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp fruit salt
- 1 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- For The Tempering
- 1 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (til)
- a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- 1 tsp oil
- Other Ingredients
- ½ tsp oil for greasing
- For The Garnish
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- For Serving
- coriander garlic chutney
- Combine the maize flour and sour curds with ½ cup of warm water in a bowl. Mix well to make a smooth batter. Keep aside for at least 30 minutes.
- Add the sweet corn, ginger-green chilli paste, asafoetida, sugar, lemon juice, oil and mix well.
- Add the fruit salt, mix gently and pour the batter into a greased 150 mm. (6") diameter thali. Steam for 15 to 20 minutes.
- For the tempering heat the oil, add the mustard seeds, sesame seeds and asafoetida and fry till the mustard seeds crackle. Pour the tempering over the prepared dhokla.
- Garnish with the chopped coriander and cut into pieces.
- Serve hot with the coriander garlic chutney.
Always use your hands while mixing the batter to break the lumps.