Masala Poori Recipe
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 cup wheat flour/atta
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp pepper powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder/haldi
- ½ tsp coriander-cumin seeds (jeera) powder. You could also use whole cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp ajwain powder or ajwain seeds (Carom Seeds, Thymol Seeds, Oregano)
- ½ tsp oil (optional)
- salt to taste
- Mix all the spice powders and salt with the whole wheat flour.
- Add oil and knead into a firm dough with sufficient water.
- Roll out into medium sized pooris and deep fry in hot oil.
- Drain the pooris into kitchen towels to remove excess oil.
- Serve the masala pooris hot with your choice of vegetables.