Soybean Dosa Recipe
Recipe type: Breakfast
- ¾ cup soyabean
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 3 tbsp rice flour
- 1 green chili
- ½ inch piece ginger
- oil/butter or ghee for frying (use oil instead of butter or ghee if you are a vegan)
- Pick, wash and soak the soybeans and flaxseeds overnight in water or atleast for 8-9 hours.
- In the morning or after soaking them, ground both the soybeans and flaxseeds with green chili and ginger with some ½ cup water. Add more water if the batter is too thick and cannot be ground.
- Grind to a smooth paste.
- Remove the batter in a bowl and add rice flour and salt to it. Mix well and check to see if you need to add more salt or not.
- Heat the tava or griddle and pour a ladle full of batter on the tava. Do not try to spread it as you cannot. Just slightly using the back of the ladle apply some pressure. This way the batter will spread very little.
- Drizzle some ghee or oil on the sides and top.
- Now comes the lifting part. Just lift the dosa slighlty to check if it is browned. If yes, then carefully lift it and turn over. Drizzle some oil on the sides and top again.
- Flip again, when the second sides gets browned.
- You could flip the dosa twice more to get it evenly cooked and golden browned.
- Fry the dosas till they are evenly and properly cooked.
- Since it takes some more time to cook one dosa, you could do with this technique. Spread two dosas simultaneoulsy on the tava.
- When browned from the base, turn them on the tava. Cook these two dosas as you would cook the a single dosa on the tava.
- Serve these yummy and healthy soyabean flaxseed dosas with cocnut chutney and sambar. They can be had plain too.