Methi Makai ki Roti
Recipe type: Breakfast
This roti is a simple way of disguising methi in your regular meals. Methi is an excellent source of iron and vitamin A and is really low in calories. Fresh green chillies add pungent accents to these rotis.
- 1 cup maize flour (makai ka atta)
- 2 tbsp whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- ½ cup chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- salt to taste
- Other ingredients
- 1 tsp oil for cooking
- Combine all the ingredients and knead into a soft dough using enough warm water. Knead well.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal parts.
- Roll out each portion between two sheets of plastic into a circle of 100 mm. (4") diameter.
- Cook the rotis on a hot non-stick tava (griddle) on both sides using very little oil till brown spots appear.
- Serve hot.