Mooli Jowar ki Roti
Recipe type: Breakfast
Crisp, grated radish is mixed well with white millet flour, ginger and garlic to make deliciously soft rotis with pungent hints of radish. Different, delicious and healthy, this is best savored with thick, whipped curd.
- 1 cup jowar (white millet) flour
- ½ cup grated white radish (mooli)
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- Other ingredients
- oil for rolling
- oil or ghee for cooking
- fresh curds (dahi) to serve
- Combine all the ingredients and knead into a soft dough, using enough hot water.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion between two sheets of greased plastic to a 75 mm. (3") diameter circle.
- Cook the rotis on a hot tava (griddle) using oil or ghee on both sides till brown spots appear on the surface.
- Serve hot with fresh curds.