Moong Dal Dhokla
Recipe type: Breakfast
Moong dal dhokla, this is my favourite recipe. . It is very easy to make and a perfect snack recipe. . . Serve with green chutney and relsih it. .
- For The Batter:
- ¾ cup soaked yellow moong dal (split yellow gram)
- 3 green chillies
- salt to taste
- 1½ tsp sugar
- a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tbsp besan (bengal gram flour)
- 2 tbsp curds (dahi)
- 1½ tsp fruit salt
- For The Tempering:
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- ½ tsp sesame seeds (til)
- a pinch asafoetida (hing)
- 2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- For The Garnish:
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- For Serving:
- green chutney
- 1 tbsp grated coconut
- Combine the yellow moong dal and green chillies and blend in a mixer using a little water to make a paste of pouring consistency.
- Transfer the paste to a bowl, add the salt, sugar, asafoetida, oil, turmeric powder, besan and curds and mix well to make a batter.
- Just before steaming, sprinkle fruit salt and mix lightly.
- Pour the batter into a greased 175 mm. (7”) diameter thali.
- Steam in a steamer for 10 to 12 minutes or till the dhokalas are cooked. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds crackle, add the sesame seeds, asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Pour the tempering over the prepared dhoklas and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle the coriander and coconut evenly on top.
- Cut into pieces and serve hot with green chutney.