Mushrooms on Toast – Savory Breakfast Recipe
Recipe type: Breakfast
For all those of you who are not thrilled about eating a sugary sweet breakfast, Mushrooms on Toast could be your new morning thing! In this recipe, mushrooms, onions and bell peppers are lightly stir-fried as a savory topping for toast. Start the day with a bang with this easy and great make-ahead breakfast recipe.
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Mustard Seeds – ½ tsp
- Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
- Onion – ½ medium, chopped
- Salt – to taste
- Mushrooms – 8 oz, chopped
- Bell Pepper – ½ medium, chopped
- Black Pepper – to taste
- Cilantro – 5 to 6 sprigs, chopped
- Heat Oil in a large flat skillet.
- Add Mustard Seeds and allow them to pop.
- Add Curry Leaves and Onions. Mix.
- Sprinkle little Salt to help onions cook faster and cook until onions are translucent (2-3 minutes).
- Add Mushrooms and lightly salt. Cook until moisture from mushrooms evaporates.
- Add Bell Pepper and Cilantro, stir and cook for 1 minutes. Switch off stove.
- Serve as a topping for toasted bread.
Can be served hot or cold.