Open Chilled Tomato and Cucumber Sandwich
Recipe type: Breakfast
Open chilled tomato cucumber sandwich, the crisp hot whole wheat toast is layered with green chutney and topped with chilled tomato and cucumber slices. Great healthy evening snack.
- 4 whole wheat bread
- 24 cucumber slices
- 24 tomatoes slices
- salt and pepper to taste
- For The Green Chutney
- 1 cup chopped mint leaves (phudina)
- ½ cup chopped coriander (dhania)
- ¼ cup sliced onions
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 green chillies
- salt to taste
- For the green chutney
- Combine all the ingredients and grind to a smooth paste in a blender using very little water.
- Refrigerate and use as required.
- How to proceed
- Toast the whole wheat bread slices on a tava (griddle) till golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Apply 1 tbsp of green chutney evenly on each bread slices.
- Topped with 6 cucumber slices and than 6 tomato slices on each bread.
- Sprinkle little salt and pepper on top.
- Serve immediately.