Rice and Moong Dal Idli
Recipe type: Breakfast
The rice and dal combination of this idli in quite nutritious as it provides complete proteins.
- ½ cup rice (chawal)
- ½ cup moong dal (split green gram)
- ¼ tsp fenugreek (methi) seeds (optional)
- ½ cup grated carrot
- ½ cup finely chopped spring onions with greens
- a pinch of baking soda
- salt to taste
- For serving
- Nutritious Green Chutney
- Soak the rice, moong dal and fenugreek seeds in water for 5 to 6 hours.
- Grind the soaked ingredients in a mixer and leave the batter aside to ferment for at least 8 hours or preferably overnight.
- Thereafter, add the soda bi-carb, carrots, spring onion whites, spring onion greens and salt and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into greased idli moulds.
- Steam in a steamer for a few minutes, till they are done.
- Serve hot with nutritious green chutney.
The idli is done when a toothpick or a knife inserted in its center comes out clean.