Protein Packed Poha
Recipe type: Breakfast
A combination of sprouts and poha that's simply brimming with protein, vitamin B3 and iron.
- 1½ cups jada poha (beaten rice)
- 1½ cups boiled mixed sprouts (moth beans, moong, red chana)
- ½ tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- ¾ cup finely chopped onions
- 1 to 2 green chillies, chopped
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 2 tsp sugar
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- For the garnish
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- Place the poha on a sieve and wash lightly. Drain and leave aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds. When they crackle, add the onion and green chillies and sauté till the onion turns translucent.
- Add the mixed sprouts, turmeric powder, sugar and salt with approx. ½ cup of water and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the poha and lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with the chopped coriander.