Rice and Soya Paratha (Protein Rich Recipe)
Recipe type: Breakfast
The wheat and soya chunks ensure that you get the necessary protein and amino acid intake for the day. These parathas are delicious can be made in a jiffy, an ideal way to use up leftover rice too.
- ½ cup cooked rice (chawal)
- ½ cup powdered soya chunks , refer handy tip
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta) for rolling
- 1½ tsp oil for cooking
- For Serving
- fresh curd
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 125 mm. (5”) diameter thick circle using a little wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each paratha, using ¼ tsp of oil, till brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Serve hot with fresh curds.
1 cup of soya chunks when blended in a mixer gives ½ cup of powdered soya chunks.