Spicy Oat Pancakes ( Low Cholesterol)
Recipe type: Breakfast
These pancakes are made by adding oats to wheat flour, as oats are highly nutritious and filled with cholesterol-fighting soluble fibre. Being extremely satiating, they prevent you from bingeing on junk food. Serve these pancakes hot, along with green chutney.
- ¼ cup quick cooking rolled oats
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- ¼ cup jowar (white millet) flour
- ¼ cup finely chopped onions
- ¼ cup finely chopped tomatoes
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1¼ tsp oil for greasing and cooking
- For Serving
- green chutney
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, add little water and mix well to make a thick batter.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it lightly using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on the tava (griddle) and spread in a circular motion to make a 100 mm. (4”) diameter round pancake.
- Cook on a slow flame till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides, using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 3 more pancakes.
- Serve hot with the green chutney.