Recipe type: Breakfast
A thoughtful mélange of moong sprouts and veggies, this dish is not just easy to put together but also a real culinary and visual treat!
- 1 cup moong (whole green gram) sprouts
- 2 tbsp grated carrot
- ¼ cup finely chopped spinach (palak)
- ¼ cup finely chopped fenugreek (methi)
- 2 tbsp besan (bengal gram flour)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1½ tsp ginger-green chilli paste
- salt to taste
- 2¼ tsp oil
- Combine the moong sprouts and ½ cup of water and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste into a bowl and add the carrots, spinach fenugreek, besan, turmeric powder, cumin seeds, ginger-green chilli paste, salt and 1 tsp oil and mix well till no lumps remain.
- Add 2 tbsp of water and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Pour a ladleful of batter and spread it evenly to make a 150 mm (6”) diameter circle and cook using ¼ tsp of oil, till it is golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 3 more pancakes.
- Serve hot with green chutney.