Recipe type: Breakfast
It can be cooked as a breakfast or it can also cooked as snacks in the evening times.
- 1 kg puffed rice (kurmura)
- For The Paste
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 chopped green chillies
- 2 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- a few curry leaves (kadi patta)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- chopped coriander (dhania) for garnishing.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and add the onions and green chillies and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and saute for more 1 minute.
- Add the turmeric powder, mix well and keep aside.
- Cool and blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- How to proceed:
- Wash and puffed rice and soak them for one minutes and drain well.
- Combine the puffed rice with paste and mix well.
- Heat the oil in anon-stick pan, add the paste and saute on a low flame for 2-3 minutes and garnish it with a coriander leaves and serve hot.