Waldorf Open Sandwich
Recipe type: Breakfast
Sandwiches make a great start for the day. This can be put together by anyone in no time at all. It requires no cooking and we can soon have a satisfying, delicious, wholesome filler ready. Whole wheat bread, pears and sprouts are the key ingredients in this dish which makes it heart-friendly due to their high fibre content.
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- For the salad
- ¼ cup pears or apples, grated
- 1 tbsp finely chopped celery
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- ½ cup alfa-alfa sprouts
- To be mixed together into a dressing
- ¼ cup low fat curds (dahi)
- ½ tsp prepared mustard paste
- salt and black pepper (kalimirch) powder to taste
- Toss the salad ingredients with the dressing.
- Divide into 2 portions and spread each one on 2 slices of bread.
- Top with the remaining 2 slices of bread and cut each sandwich into 2 triangles.
- Serve immediately.
Feel free to use beans sprouts instead of alfalfa sprouts.