Recipe type: Breakfast
Serve this winter vegetable hot dhokla to your loved ones with hot masala tea.
- 1 cup khatta dhokla batter
- ½ cup besan (bengal gram flour)
- ¼ cup chopped fenugreek leaves
- ¼ cup chopped spinach (palak)
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
- ½ tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- For The Tempering
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- ½ tsp sesame seeds (til)
- a pinch asafoetida (hing)
- a few curry leaves (kadi patta)
- Keep dhokla steamer to boil.
- Combine all the ingredients and make a smooth semi thick batter. Heat water and add soda to it.
- Put this mixture into the batter and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the greased thalis and steam it for 20 minutes.
- Let the steam evaporate, cut into pieces and serve fresh.
- While serving, heat the tempering and pour it on to the dhokla pieces.
- Garnish it with coriander, coconut and anar dana.
- Serve it with tea, chunda and chutney.