Whole Green Gram Roti
Recipe type: Breakfast
Whole green gram roti, this is indeed a unique roti.
- ½ cup raw rice (chawal)
- ½ cup whole moong dal (split green gram)
- 1 small onion , finely chopped
- 2 green chiles , finely chopped
- 3 broken whole dry kashmiri red chillies
- 4 curry leaves (kadi patta) , cut into small pieces
- salt to taste
- oil for cooking
- Combine the rice and green gram and blend in a mixer to a coarse mixture.
- Add 1 cup of water in a deep pan and bring it boil.
- Add the prepared rice- green gram mixture and salt, mix well and cook on a slow flame till all the moisture is evaporated.
- Transfer it to a bowl and add the onions, green chillies, red chillies, curry leaves and mix well.
- Knead into a soft dough using very little water if required.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions and roll out into 6" diameter circle, using your hands.
- Heat a tava and grease it with little oil.
- Cook the rotis using little oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Serve hot.