Recipe type: Dessert
- Sugar 1 Cup
- Flour - All-purpose ¼ Cup
- Salt ⅛ Teaspoons
- Strawberries - Washed & Hulled 4 Cup
- Butter 2 Tablespoons
- Pastry For Single Crust Pie To Taste
- Whipped Cream For Decoration To Taste
- Combine sugar with flour and salt.
- Toss lightly with the strawberries.
- Fill the baking dish with the fruit mixture and dot with butter.
- Top with the pastry which has been rolled out on pastry cloth to size 1"larger all around than top of baking dish.
- Fold edges of pastry under and press firmly to rim of dish.
- Flute edges and cut gashes in pastry to allow steam to escape.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes or until crust is browned.
- Serve slightly warm with whipped cream or ice cream.