Sugarcane Ki Kheer, Bakheer
Recipe type: Dessert
Sugarcane Ki Kheer, a well known recipe of Uttar Pradesh, it's healthy,tasty and delicious. Serve with Chana Dal Stuffed Puri (Berahin)
- 2 cups sugarcane juice
- 1 cup long grained rice (basmati) , soaked for ½ hour
- ½ cup jaggery (gur)
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tbsp chopped cashewnuts (kaju)
- 3 tbsp grated dry coconut (kopra)
- Bring milk to a boil in a deep pan. add the the rice and cook on a slow flame till the rice is cooked, while stirring in between.
- Add sugarcane juice and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring in between.
- Put off the flame, add jaggery, coconut and cashewnuts, mix well.
- Serve hot or cold with puri.