Tropical Sunset Fiesta
Recipe type: Appetiser
- 4 slices fresh pineapple
- 1 cup fresh papaya thinly sliced
- ½ lb. fresh shrimp shelled and deveined
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 lemon
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 bunch green or spring onions
- 4 slices rustic country bread
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. salt & ½ tsp. pepper
- Oil for the bbq grill
- 2 tbsp. butter for the sauté pan
- Toast both sides of bread on the oiled grill (medium high heat).
- Char the yellow pepper on the oiled grill (high heat). Place yellow pepper in a paper bag to cool then peel, seed and cut into thin strips.
- Grill the fresh pineapple slices on both sides (high heat).
- Zest the lemon and then juice.
- Chop the green onions.
- On the side burner melt the butter in a large flame proof sauté pan.
- Add the shrimp and garlic; sauté until just cooked through.
- Chop the grilled pineapple.
- Add the parsley, pineapple and green onions, lemon juice and zest; warm through.
- Top each slice of toast with sliced papaya then the sliced avocado.
- Place ¼ of the shrimp and Pineapple mixture on each toast.