5 Spice Mushroom Rice
Recipe type: easy recipes spl
Mushrooms and Chinese 5 spice powder together make this rice very traditional fare. <> This dish is a delicate blend of flavours and textures that may not appeal to all, but it's a "must" for those who like to experiment beyond the conventional Chinese fried rice.
- 2 cups Chinese Rice
- ⅓ cup mushrooms (khumbh), sliced
- ½ cup dark black mushroom, soaked and sliced
- 1 tsp Chinese 5 Spice Powder
- a pinch of sugar
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil, add the mushrooms and sauté till they are tender.
- Add the dried black mushrooms and sauté for 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Add the Chinese 5 spice powder and sauté for ½ a minute.
- Add the rice, sugar and salt and mix well.
- Serve hot.