Baked Potatoes ( Healthy Snacks Recipe)
Recipe type: Snacks
No more worrying over a child's school time treat! make them this potato and corn snack and watch their eyes glow.
- 4 large potatoes
- For The Corn Filling
- 1½ cups boiled tender sweet corn kernels (makai ke dane)
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- 1 slit green chilli , finely chopped
- ¼ cup low fat milk mixed with 2 tsp cornflour
- 2 tsp low fat butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper powder to taste
- For The Topping
- 2 tbsp grated mozzrella cheese
- Wrap the potatoes in an aluminum foil and bake in a hot oven at 200°c (400°f) till tender (about 30 minutes).
- Cool slightly, remove the foil and split each baked potato horizontally into two.
- Scoop the potato halves a little so that a slight depression is formed for the filling. Keep aside.
- For the corn filling:
- Heat the butter and fry the onions for ½ minute.
- Add the green chilli and fry again for a few seconds.
- Add the corn, milk and corn flour mixture, salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes, till the sauce thickens. Keep aside.
- How to proceed:
- Fill each potato half with the corn filling top with the grated cheese and bake in a hot oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes. Serve hot.