Chicken and basil fried rice
Recipe type: easyrecipes spl
Make the most of left-over cooked rice and a barbecued chook with this tasty fried rice idea.
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 large red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 3½ cups skinless shredded barbecued chicken (see note)
- 2 medium (300g) carrots, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 3 cups cooked, cooled doongara long-grain rice
- 100g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1½ cups beansprouts, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ⅓ cup shredded fresh basil leaves
- Heat a wok over medium-high heat. Lightly spray onion with oil. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add chicken and carrot. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Add rice, snow peas and beansprouts. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Add soy sauce and garlic. Stir to combine. Remove from heat. Add basil and stir to combine. Serve.
You will need 1 regular barbecued chicken.