Apple and hazelnut bircher muesli
Recipe type: Kids
This apple and hazelnut variation on classic muesli will get the day off on a sweet note.
- 2 cups (180g) rolled oats
- 1½ cups (375ml) apple juice
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled, cored, coarsely grated
- ¾ cup (180g) Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup (75g) toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup (40g) pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbs toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup (60ml) honey
- Step 1:
- Combine the oats and apple juice in a medium glass or ceramic bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight to soak.
- Step 2:
- Add the apple, yoghurt and vanilla to the oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Step 3:
- Combine the hazelnuts, pistachios, sesame seeds and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Step 4:
- Spoon the oat mixture evenly among serving bowls. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with the hazelnut mixture. Serve immediately.