Recipe type: Snacks
This recipe came into picture when we were making pizza at home. We brought 6 pizza bases for 5 of us. We prepared pizza with all the veggie toppings. It was very yummy indeed. But then our tummy was full and 1 pizza base was left over. I did not have the mood of having pizza again. So I started wondering what can be done with the pizza base except pizza. I searched the internet to find but there was none. Then I sat thinking if I can come up with some recipe of my own. Then this recipe striked my mind. Initially I was not sure if this recipe would come out well so I chopped a small portion of the pizza base and experimented. My family members loved it. Then I was confident and went ahead with the recipe with the left over base. So I thought I will share this with you all. Here is how the recipe goes. Its a very simple recipe that can be quickly prepared.
- 1 pizza base
- 1 cup sugar
- water as required
- 1 cup besan (bengal gram flour)
- oil for deep frying
- Take the left over pizza base and cut it into shapes as per your wish.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in pan and fry the pizza base pieces till they turn golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare sugar syrup on the other burner of the stove.
- Remove the golden fried pizza base pieces in a plate.
- Once the syrup is done put the golden fried pizza base pieces into the hot syrup and let it stand for 2 minutes.
- Now remove the pieces from the syrup and keep it in a plate.
- Take the roasted chana dal powder and put it in the left over syrup and mix well till, If it forms a thick paste, add a little more syrup and if this mixture looks very dilute then powder and add some more besan and mix well.
- Once this is done, take the golden fried pizza base pieces and make a small slit.
- Be very careful while making the slit because this might break the pieces as they are soft.
- Once the slit is done, take the sugar syrup and besan paste and fill inside the slit of all the pieces carefully.
- Don't try to fill in too much as it might break the piece.
- Once you have filled the pieces with mixture, arrange the pieces on the serving plate in your desired shape.
- After arranging, take the left over filling mixture and keep it on top of the pieces to decorate it.
- You can also keep chopped dry fruits on top of this mixture as a variation.
- You can serve the dish immediately or you can refrigerate and serve it chilled.