Chunky Chocolate and Peanut Cookies
Recipe type: kids
Orange flavoured cookies made with whole wheat flour, oats, peanuts, chocolate chips and coconut.
- ⅓ cup butter
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- ⅓ cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 3 tbsp quick cooking rolled oats
- ⅓ cup chopped dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1 tbsp orange squash
- ½ tsp grated orange rind (optional)
- 3 tbsp dessicated coconut
- Cream the butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add the whole wheat flour, oats, dark chocolate, peanuts, orange squash, orange rind and desiccated coconut. Mix well.
- Divide the mixture into two equal portions.
- Press onto a greased baking tray to make 100 mm. (4") diameter circles.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 160°C (320°F) for 20 minutes or until evenly browned. Cool completely.
- Store in an air-tight container.
You can drizzle melted white chocolate over the cookies as shown in the above picture after they are cool.