Spiced Wholemeal and Oat Pancakes
Recipe type: kids
Why make pancakes of plain flour, when you can try tastier options like this? whole wheat flour and oats add protein and calcium to the spiced wholemeal and oats pancakes, while an assortment of sugar and spices make it irresistibly tasty. The use of low-fat milk and butter make it suitable for weight-watchers too. Serve with honey and oranges, for an unforgettable breakfast.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- ¼ cup quick cooking rolled oats
- a pinch of nutmeg (jaiphal) powder
- a pinch cinnamon (dalchini) powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon (dalchini) powder
- 1½ tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ cup low fat milk
- ½ tsp fruit salt
- a pinch of salt
- Other Ingredients
- 3 tsp low fat butter for cooking
- For Serving
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ cup orange segments
- Combine all the ingredients except the fruit salt in a bowl with enough water.
- Whisk till it is a smooth batter.
- Heat a non-stick pan and grease it with a little low fat butter.
- Add the fruit salt to the batter and mix well. Divide into 6 equal portions.
- Pour a spoonful of the batter on the pan to make 50 mm. (2") diameter pancake, cooking on both sides with a little butter till golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 5 more pancakes.
- Serve hot with honey and oranges.