Andhra Chilli Chicken
Recipe type: Curries
This chili chicken is not the Chinise version, but an Andhra style dish. It is a spicy and extremely popular dish.
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 3 onions, finely chopped
- 10-12 green chillies, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 2 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- To be ground together:
- 2 cinnamon sticks (dalchini)
- 4-5 cloves
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds (dhaniya)
- ¼ tsp fenugreek seeds (methi)
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- ¼ tsp Fennel seeds (saunf)
- 1 tbsp dried fenugreek powder (kasuri methi)
- 1 tsp kaloova
- Heat oil and add the onions. Fry until light brown.
- Add the chicken pieces and stir for a few minutes.
- Throw in the green chillies and cook until the water has nearly evaporated.
- Add the finely chopped ginger and garlic.
- When the chicken is almost done, add the ground spices and salt. Mix well.
- Cook for another few mins.
- Add ½ cup water and cook till almost dry. Serve hot with green chutney.