Chicken Thokku Masala
Recipe type: Curries
Chicken Thokku is a spicy side dish for all like idli, chappathi ,parotta and rice too.....This spicy gravy is easy to prepare.....have a look
- 250 g Chicken pieces with out bones
- 2 cup Onion medium ( chopped finely)
- 2 cup Tomato (big) chopped
- ¼ cup Green chilli (chopped finely)
- 1 T Ginger garlic paster
- Salt to taste
- For Marination
- 1 cup Curd (beat nicely)
- 2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder (for marinating)
- 2 tsp Pepper and cumin powder (increase or decrease according to taste)
- 1 tsp Sombu/aniseed powder
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1 pinch Red color powder
- Corriander leaves (finely chopped for garnishing)
- With the curd add all the masala given in ing 2 and mix well.
- Add the chicken pieces and marinate for more than 4 hours.
- Heat oil in pressure cooker and add onion, saute well and add tomato, green chilli, ginger garlic paste.Saute well and add chicken mass.
- Add needed amount water and close the cooker and cook for 2 whistle.
- Remove the chicken thokku from the pressure and change the mass to the kadai .
- Cook the thokku in sim till the mass becomes thick consistency and till the oil leaves the mass.
- Garnish with corriander and seve with idli or parotta or rice.