Recipe type: chaat
- Chicken 2 Numbers
- Tomatoes 450 Grams
- Ghee 55 Grams
- Tamarind 10 Grams
- Sugar To Taste
- Onions 650 Grams
- Ginger Piece
- Turmeric Pinch
- Garlic To Taste
- Garam Masala Pinch
- Salt To Taste
- Clean and joint chicken .
- Wash and slice tomatoes and keep them separate .
- Peel and slice onions finely .
- Grind ginger and garlic and powder garam masala ,if used .
- In a degchi heat oil or ghee. Fry onions till light brown .
- Add chicken ,garlic ,ginger , turmeric ,salt and garam masala .
- Stir well for a few minutes .
- Add chopped tomatoes and very little water
- Cook till all water evapotates .
- Stir till chicken browns and tomatoes and onions are well dissolved .
- Add more water and continue to cook till chicken is tender and oil comes up .
- Add tamarind juice and sugar ;simmer and let its gravy chicken .Serve hot .