Chicken and custard apple curry
Recipe type: Curries
Get out the chopsticks and dive into a bowl of Thai chicken and custard apple curry.
- 1 tbs red curry paste
- 400ml can Taste of Thai lite coconut milk
- 3 small chicken breast fillets, cut into chunks
- 227g can sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 custard apple, peeled, cored, chopped
- 2 tbs fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- ¼ cup roughly chopped fresh coriander
- 50g bean sprouts, trimmed
- Steamed rice and coriander sprigs, to serve
- Heat a wok or non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the curry paste and stir for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
- Add the coconut milk and 1 cup (250ml) water. Bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the chicken. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the bamboo shoots, custard apple, lime juice, fish sauce and brown sugar. Stir in the chopped coriander and bean sprouts. Serve on rice topped with coriander sprigs.