Recipe type: Curries
This quick and easy low-fat chicken main will be your new favourite weeknight meal!
- 4 (800g) skinless chicken thigh cutlets
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- canola oil spray
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 cups salt-reduced chicken stock
- 410g can chopped tomatoes with tomato paste and roasted capsicum
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Place chicken and 2 teaspoons paprika in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Spray a large, deep frying pan with oil. Heat over medium heat. Add chicken. Cook for 5 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Remove pan from heat. Spray with oil. Return pan to medium heat. Add rice and remaining paprika. Stir to coat. Add half the stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring, for 5 minutes or until stock is almost absorbed. Stir in tomato and remaining stock. Return chicken to pan. Cook, covered, for 15 to 18 minutes, or until stock has almost absorbed.
- Stir in peas. Cook, uncovered, for 3 to 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Serve.