Fish Varutharacha Curry Recipe
Recipe type: Curries
Learn how to make Fish Varutharacha Curry recipe using our easy to make homemade Fish Varutharacha Curry recipes. Try this homemade Fish Varutharacha Curry cooking recipe at your home.
- ½ kg mackerel or sardine
- 100 gm small onions
- 1 inch ginger
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 cup coconut
- 3 pieces tamarind
- 2 tbsp chilli powder
- 3 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp fenugreek powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Curry leaves
- Cut the fish into small pieces of 1 inch thickness. Soak the tamarind in water.
- Marinate the fish with turmeric and salt and keep aside. Take a pan and add 1 tsp coconut oil. Add the scraped coconut and fry. When it is dry add the small onions and continue to fry. Fry till the coconut has a dark brown color. Take care not to burn it.
- Add the chilli and coriander powder and fry some more. Turn off the stove and add the garlic and ginger. Allow the mixture to cool. Grind to a fine paste in a mixie with water.
- Take a vessel, add the paste, tamarind and water. Bring to boil on a high flame. Add salt. Reduce the flame and add the fish pieces. Cook covered.
- After 5minutes add the pepper powder and cook uncovered on high flame for 3 minutes. Reduce the flame and add 1 tbsp of coconut oil and the curry leaves. Give the vessel a turn and off the flame.
- Add the fenugreek powder, and keep covered on the ot stove for 10 minutes. Give the vessel a shake after that and keep covered.