Grandma Chicken curry
Recipe type: Curries
The authentic grandma chicken curry recipe. recipe by tamrapali
- Poppy Seeds 3 Tablespoons
- Onion ½ Cup
- Ginger Garlic Paste 2 Teaspoons
- Curry Leaves few
- Cumin Powder 1 Teaspoons
- Coriander Powder 2 Teaspoons
- Chilli Powder 1 Teaspoons
- Coconut Powder ½ Cup
- Garam Masala(whole) few
- Chicken 1 Numbers
- Pepper Corns few
- Oil To Fry
- Salt To Taste
- Take whole chicken & donot remove the skin.As the taste is enhanced with the skin on.
- Take little water & turmeric mixture .Apply it to the entire raw chicken.
- Roast it on the stove top till it gets evenly coloured from outside.
- Cut roasted chicken in pieces to add later in the curry.
- For the curry ,take a pan add poppy seeds & allow it to splutter.Add coconut powder to it & cook well on low heat.Once done, blend the mixture which will be later added in the curry.
- In another pan ,put oil,whole garam masala,onions ,ginger garlic paste,turmeric powder & saute well.
- Add the poppyseed & coconut powder blended mixture to the onion masala.Add coriander powder,chilli powder & curry leaves to the curry & mixwell. 8.Add chicken pieces in the mixture & mix gently.Add little water if the mixture dries out.Put the lid & allow chicken to cook.
- Grind fresh pepper corns.Add to the curry when it is ¾th cooked.Continue cooking.
- Garnish the curry with fresh coriander leaves & add salt if required. 11.Switch off the gas & let the curry settle for 5 mins so chicken absorbs the rich flavours from the curry.
- Its ready to be served with rice/roti/naan. .