Grated beetroot curry
Recipe type: Curries
Generally people do not like beetroot curry as it tastes muddy. Let me tell you a easy and tasty way of cooking beetroot curry.
- Coriander Powder 1 Tablespoons
- Cumin Powder 1 Tablespoons
- Cumin 1 Tablespoons
- Mustard 1 Tablespoons
- Oil 2 Tablespoons
- Green Chillies 3 Numbers
- Dal ¼ Cup
- Onion 1 Numbers
- Beetroot 3 Numbers
- Seasame Seeds Powder 1 Tablespoons
- Remove the upper skin of beetroot using peeler and grate the beetroot.
- Soak moong daal for around 30 min . Chop some onions if you would like to use onions but it really adds taste to the curry.
- Chop green chillies. Heat oil in a pan. Add musturd seeds, cumin seeds. Add hing if you would like
- Now add green chillies and onions and cook it till it is light brown.
- Add grated beetroot and cook it for sometime. Add moong daal. If required add water, else fry it in oil itself.
- Fry till moong daal is cooked properly and if needed add water .
- Add salt, chilli powder , cumin powder, sesimi powder, coriander powder and fry till all the moisture is gone.