Saoji Maharashtrian Egg Curry
Recipe type: non-veg
saoji curry is a maharastrian style of cooking .There are several different styles for making Egg Curry and this recipe is nagpur in origin. Serve Egg Curry with a vegetable side dish and rice.
- Ginger Garlic Paste 1 Teaspoons
- Salt To Taste
- Onion Chopped (medium Size) 1 Numbers
- Coconut Powder 1 Tablespoons
- Kashmiri Red Chilly 5 Numbers
- Mace 1 Numbers
- Poppy Seeds ½ Teaspoons
- Coriander Seeds ½ Teaspoons
- Fennel Seeds ¼ Teaspoons
- Shahi Jeera ¼ Teaspoons
- Marathi Mugah (kapokh) 1 Numbers
- Cinnamon Sticks 2 Numbers
- Cardamom 3 Numbers
- Cloves 3 Numbers
- Tomatoes 3 Numbers
- Spinach ¼ Cup
- Boiled Eggs 4 Numbers
- Oil 1 Tablespoons
- Heat a pan add whole garam masala, fennel seeds, poppy seeds, coriander seeds, mace, kashmiri red chilly, dry roast all the ingredients, coconut powder, sauté it in a slow flame and let it cool down put this in a blender make a powder.
- Heat oil in a pan add chopped onions, salt, cook this till onions are golden in colour, add turmeric, ginger garlic paste, tomatoes, made masala, mix it and cook it in a slow flame till tomatoes are soft, add spinach, sauté it
- and add water put the lid on let it cook for 2 minutes in a slow flame, add the boiled eggs, cook this for some time, add chopped coriander on top.