Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
Recipe type: Curries
- 1 3- to 4-pound store-bought rotisserie chicken, meat shredded
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 tablespoon dark red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 10 oz. can diced tomatoes and green chilies (drained)
- 1 small jalapeño thinly sliced
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- 1 can pinto beans (drained)
- 1 cup sour cream
- In a slow cooker, combine the shredded chicken, cream of chicken soup, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken broth and stir well.
- Add the tomatoes and green chilies, jalapeño and green onion and stir again.
- Gently add in the beans.
- Cover and cook on low for at least 8 hours.
- The last hour of cooking, add in the sour cream and stir well.
- Serve with shredded cheese, chopped scallions, tortilla strips or other chili topping favorites.