Burnt Corn Salad ( Delicious Diabetic Recipe)
Recipe type: salads
Mexicans love a smoked or barbecued flavour in their food. This corn salad is a good example of that. Fresh corn kernels are grilled over an open flame to impart a burnt-smoked flavour to this salad. Extremely low in calories and fat and high in fibre, this is a perfect choice for diabetics who have high post lunch blood sugar levels. Tomatoes, onions and capsicum blend extremely well with corn and add vitamins like a and c. The olive oil and lemon juice dressing adds a tangy flavour and vitamin c that helps to strengthens our immunity.
- 1 sweet corn kernel cob
- 1 white onion , sliced
- 1 capsicum , sliced
- 1 tomato , sliced
- salt to taste
- To Be Mixed Into A Dressing
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 pinches chilli powder
- Roast the corn cob over an open flame until the corn is slightly burnt.
- Using a sharp knife, remove the corn kernels from the cob. Keep aside.
- Combine the corn kernels, onion, capsicum, tomato and salt.
- Pour the dressing on top and toss well.
- Serve immediately.