Cucumber Raita ( Low Calorie Healthy Cooking )
Recipe type: salads
Cucumber raita, is the ideal salad vegetable for weight-watchers as it comprises of high amounts of water and very little calories. This light salad is rich in intestine-friendly bacteria that maintain intestinal health. The tempering gives a peculiar curry-like flavour to this raita, making it a perfect side dish for any south indian meal.
- 2 tsp coconut oil or any other refined
- ½ tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 7 to 8 curry leaves (kadi patta)
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- salt to taste
- ½ cup fresh low-fat curds (dahi) , beaten
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and onions and sauté on a medium fame till the onions turn light brown in colour.
- Add the cucumber, green chillies and salt, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool.
- Add the curds and mix well. Serve immediately.