Fruity Chana Salad ( Healthy Soups and Salads Recipe )
Recipe type: salads
Fruits combined with a versatile bean – chick peas and perked with lemon juice to fulfil your calcium requirement. Feel free to replace orange with sweet lime, pomegranate, grapes or apples as a variation.
- ½ cup soaked and cooked kabuli chana (white chick peas)
- ½ cup sliced cucumber
- ½ cup peeled orange segments
- ½ cup sliced onions
- ½ cup lettuce , torn into pieces
- ½ cup sliced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1½ tsp lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper powder to taste
- Combine all the ingredients except the salt and pepper in a bowl, mix well and refrigerate for atleast 1 hour.
- Just before serving, add the salt and pepper and toss well.
- Serve chilled.